AT THE
MOVIES Saturday I met a friend for lunch and a movie. Lunch was at the Irish Pub, a lovely Dublin Salad. It was my first time at the restaurant and I highly recommend it. (How can you not like a place that has "The older the violin the sweeter the music" inscribed above one of the doors?)
We settled on Butterfly Effect for the movie. It was one of those compromise things that turned out to be a good choice. The movie is a time travel movie, where the Ashton Krucher character returns to his childhood to right wrongs. As with all time travel movies, there are the missteps that occur (for we all know that changing things in the past alters the future, right?) and reoccur as he tries to find the key to protecting himself and his friends. The film takes a serious look at child abuse and its repercussions.
I had been curious about Ashton Krucher, as I hadn't watched the Seventies Show. There's lots of intelligence going on there behind that beautiful face, as well as a "regular guy" kind of thing.